I can't think of a better way to describe it other than it was truly a great day! I don't really know what I was expecting but Jim and I both just had a good time and felt good about the day. When we got to the event we went to the registration table to get our shirts and right away got to meet many people from the Brain Tumour Foundation who were eager to meet Jim and I. It was kind of weird to feel like so many people were proud of us and wanted to talk to us. It was nice to finally put faces to many names that we had been corresponding with via email. The atmosphere was just happy, music, meeting up with friends and family. When they did the opening speeches they gave Jim and I a special mention and at the end mentioned our fundraising efforts for both us and our entire team. Both CP24 and CTV interviewed us and got shots of our entire team cheering, it was fun...of course we love attenion, haha! The walk was fun, 5km is perfect. Jake was great as usual, just happy to hang out in the stroller and people watch and of course giving tons of smiles for everyone, we are so lucky to have such a happy baby.
I know Jim and I both just felt good today..of course we have the thoughts of we wish we didn't have to think about anything to do with brain tumours but unfortunately that is our reality and we just felt accomplished today and that maybe we did make a difference. Thank you again to everybody who came out today with us...I think we had a group of over 20 people!

1 comment:
You know...I couldn't get over how many people with blue shirts at the Vancouver Spring Sprint were under the age of around 20. It was CRAZY. We had fun though and, although we only raised about 1/10 of what you guys did....it was still worth it! Hopefully you guys get that trip to Hawaii!! <3
Post a Comment